I recall speaking with one of my clients on the steps of his house overlooking his pool. He started out as an electrician, worked his way up the ranks of the company he worked for, eventually bought the company and grew it to one of the biggest local electrical companies. I remember him saying, “I have more money than ever before and yet, I rarely get to see my wife and kids. Every day feels like Groundhog Day. I wake up early, shower, and go to work. The day is a blur and then I end up in the shower again at night and wonder where did the day go?” He was a financially successful businessman and yet he was broke in the other areas of his life.
Many men are uncertain of themselves, of their future, and in the reasons why they make the decisions they make. They experience a feeling of loss of identity and purpose. Many men who are financially successful find themselves asking, “Is that all there is?” “What’s the next thing that I can achieve?”
Many of my clients expressed, “I feel like I’m chasing a rainbow. No matter how far I go the rainbow just moves further away.” Perhaps you can relate? Have you ever worked hard to achieve something only to find when you got there you couldn’t appreciate it because you wanted something else? I know I’ve been there and so have many of my clients.
Many men lacked a positive, consistent father figure or male role model in their lives, who could have clarified what being a man meant. I am blessed to have had both an amazing father and mother. I believe that having confident, loving, supportive parents truly has positively shaped who I am and how I want to serve in this world. They gave me the template for the kind of husband and father I want to be for my family. They taught me the power of having passion and intent to contribute and serve at a greater capacity.
My goal was to write a book that would give you clarity about who you are today, who you want to become, and provide you with a guide to help you construct your living legacy. I want to provide you with a mirror so you can reflect on your current legacy. I also want to give you a framework of how to define and create your legacy in a way that will inspire and excite you.
I wrote this book to serve men like you and your family on a grander scale. Part of the legacy I want to create is to help men show up more powerfully and authentically in their lives. This is important because I believe if men show up more powerfully and authentically we will have more fulfilled marriages, which make for unified families, and which in turn build productive, connected, and thriving communities.
The past 4 years I’ve been coaching growth minded men on how to purposely and powerfully create their legacy. I believe understanding different perspectives is important to creating a clearer more powerful message. In addition to the years of coaching, the mentors I had, and the experiences I’ve had, I also interviewed 111 men to get their perspectives.
Here are a few of the patterns that kept coming up when I was interviewing these men:
- The top three areas that men felt they needed to improve in were health, family, and leadership.
- The men that were practicing and involved in their faith, meaning that they read scripture and attend church regularly all expressed a grander vision of legacy. They felt that legacy was about fulfilling God’s purpose for them.
- Fathers thought about legacy more often than single men.
- The two biggest obstacles that men perceived as preventing them from reaching their goals were fear and uncertainty.
BEFORE WE CONTINUE...
Who is this book not for?
This book is not for the man who is unconcerned about his existence. It’s not for the man who thinks everything in his life is perfect. It’s not for the man who is not willing to question everything he has. It’s not for the man that has no desire to grow or to provide more value and excellence in his life, his family’s lives, and in his community. This book is not for men who just want the status quo, or who want to get by as an average individual. My guess is if you are reading this, you are not that guy.
Who is this book for?
This book is for men who want to grow. This is for men who want to create a legacy that inspires them, one they will get to experience while they are alive. This is for men who want to live out their legacy daily so that there will be no doubt that it is the legacy they leave behind. This is for men who reject complacency. This is for men who are not content with where they are because they know there is a deeper potential itching to come out. This is also for the woman who wants to understand her man better. (While this book is written for men, the principles taught in this book can just as powerfully and positively impact the lives of women and their legacies as well.)
Are you this man?
Then it’s time to go on an adventure!
To best guide you, I have divided The Legacy Code into 5 sections: Awareness, Vision, Purpose, Process, and Implementation.
- Section 1 is Awareness. In this section I will guide you in discovering what legacy is, what you want your legacy to be, how to align with your legacy, and how to identify the pitfalls.
- Section 2 is Vision. In this section, you will explore what your vision is of your legacy. It is the “What” of your legacy, meaning what people say, the experiences that you leave, the impact that you have, essentially what you created, connected, contributed, and lived out.
- Section 3 is Purpose. This section is a step commonly skipped over but it is vital to complete because it is where you will gain clarity about why you have the vision of your legacy. When you discover your purpose or your why, you will have that magnet that pulls you towards your legacy. When you understand purpose, life doesn’t get in your way, rather, it amplifies your path.
- Section 4 is Process. Your Process (a.k.a. plan of attack) is how you will live out and create your legacy. In this section, you will discover how to craft the plan to make the vision of your legacy a reality.
- Section 5 is Implementation. Implementation is the doing of the work, the execution of the plan. When you do the work, your actions do the talking. In this section you will combine your awareness, vision, purpose, and process and breathe life into it by putting it into action. You will execute your process by setting up the daily actions to create the legacy you want to live.
What can you expect to get out of this book?
You can expect to get out of this book what you put into it. It may seem odd to say, but in all honesty, this isn’t a magic pill.
What this book will do, is give you an opportunity to gain more clarity, more direction, more support and more focus as you purposely live out your legacy day in and day out. As you craft it, create it, and build it, with your actions.
Henry David Thoreau said, “The mass of men lead quiet lives of desperation.” Meaning, most men live a life they wish would be better but just keep doing what they’ve been doing and continue to grind away at a life of obscurity and lacking fulfillment.
If you are the type of man who likes to create and doesn’t like to leave things to chance; if you want to be proactive, this book will provide a blueprint. It will give you a path. It’s not the only way to carve out your legacy, but based on neuroscience, psychology, experience, and passion. I can tell you that if you are looking for a way to escape obscurity and live a life unleashed where you feel you are living your life fulfilled, inspired, and on purpose, then this is the book for you.
Order your copy and get your bonuses today!